We definitely still know the following
- Machines still cannot learn. The two words that make up the term machine learning still result in a logical contradiction when combined in that order. It is still the case that if a machine could learn it would no longer be a machine.
- “Deep” is still a bullshit hedge term with no agreed upon definition within the technohypeosphere or really anywhere. It still sounds cool though.
- Besides the words ‘neural’ and ‘network’ artificial neural networks still share nothing in common with biological neural networks which are still only hypothetical, arguably theoretical, structural/functional components of the human and some non human animals brains.
- AI still does not exist anywhere on, above, or below the surface of the earth and what is referred to as AI is still nothing more than modern computing.
- Data ‘science’ is still not science and data ‘scientists’ are still not scientists.
In other words, not much has changed.